<< back to The Steve Mayo Show
Steve is in an ongoing pursuit to serve the enterprise objectives of new information and opinion portal. Ready to report/read breaking, real-time news stories, features and data for information/edification of customer-subscribers to soon-to-be fast-growing entrant in the subscription streaming-broadcast segment of market, Steve is equipped for carefully reasoned and inspired political commentary to listeners interested in hearing opinions, thoughtful observations on major political, economic and social issues of the day as institutional and individual editorialist.
Steve Mayo, developer of Bronx real estate and community assets, is a master communicator, broadcast radio host, columnist, editorial writer and beat reporter for metropolitan‐area daily and weekly newspapers, public relations operative for good‐government and smart growth policies.
Attorney and Advocate
With real‐world experience in business, labor, patents, commercial relations, Steve has written union, employment and representative contracts, is Member of New York State 18B Panel for representation of indigents charged with crimes/misdemeanors, and Member of the Bar of the State of New York since 1979. Steve has served on business and civic boards, as manager and candidate on political campaigns, advocate for educational and political reform in Bronx and Westchester on many platforms including council and board meetings, conventions/rallies and print columns, and on regular radio broadcasts.
Business Leader and Entrepreneur
Steve is a seasoned executive who ran an international company for over 25 years leading design, creation, manufacturing, logistics and distribution of unique products for home, office, industrial and consumer markets.
Communications & Marketing
As Host of WVOX Radio 1460 AM (www.wvox.com) since 1999, “The Steve Mayo Show” covers Westchester and New Rochelle government and business affairs and urban development. Steve has served as an editorialist for Westchester Guardian, Yonkers Tribune, Talk of the Sound since 2012, was a reporter and contributor to Paterson Evening News (Paterson, NJ), The Journal‐News (Westchester County, NY), Sound Report, and Jewish Week from 1989-2005
Other positions held include Director of Marketing, Public Relations and Legal Counsel, White Plains Scorpions Soccer Club (2009‐2011); Director of External Relations: Rethinking Westchester lobbying group and Concerned New Rochelle Citizens for Redistricting reform organization (2011-2013).
– Westchester County Charter Revision Commission, – Westchester County, NY, 2011 ‐ 2015
– New Rochelle Planning Commission, City of New Rochelle, NY, 1997 – 2001
– Counsel, New York State 18B Representation Panel, New Rochelle, NY, 2010 – 2011
– Campaign manager and candidate in municipal and county elections since 1999
Directorships and Board Memberships
– Board of Advisors, Syracuse University, E.S. Bird Library, Syracuse, NY, 2010 ‐ present
– Board of Directors, JVL Wildcat Charter High School, Bronx, NY, 2005 ‐ 2012
– Trust fund, Health & Insurance, International Brotherhood of Teamsters Local 210, NY, 1985 ‐ 2003
– School Home Office Products Foundation Board (industry group donating supplies to deserving school districts in the United States, Canada), Dayton, OH, 1999 – 2003
– Martin Luther King After School Educational and Care Program, New Rochelle, NY, 1996 – 1999
– New Rochelle Planning Board Commissioner, New Rochelle, NY, 1989 – 1992
– Westchester County Citizens’ Revision Commissioner, White Plains, NY, 2011 – 2013
– Delegate, Chabad, Syracuse University and Onondaga County, Syracuse NY, 2010 to present
– J.D., DePaul University College of Law, 1976
B.A., History / Journalism, Syracuse University, Maxwell School of Citizenship & Public Affairs, 1973